COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines
We are excited to welcome visitors to The Mount and have taken extensive measures, in accordance with state and local government guidelines, to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all visitors. Your cooperation is essential in making this effort a success. If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to anyone with the virus, or feel unwell in any way, please plan your visit for another time.
What to expect while at The Mount:
- Social distancing is mandatory. The flow of visitors through our indoor spaces will be carefully monitored and limited by posted room occupancies.
- Face coverings are required.All visitors and staff members must cover their nose and mouth when indoors and on the Terrace. Face coverings are required outdoors when 6-ft of social distancing is not possible.
- Reservations are required for all Main House visitors, including Mount members. Space is limited and tickets will only be available online on a timed entry system. If you arrive onsite without a reservation and space is available, you can purchase a ticket online.
- Your contact information may be shared with public health authorities for COVID-19 tracing, in accordance with Massachusetts guidelines.
- The Terrace Café is open. Reservations are not required, but visitors must check in with the hostess.
- The grounds are open to the public, with no reservations required. We do ask that you practice safe, social distancing when on the grounds.
The following health & safety procedures are in place:
- Staff has received training on COVID-19 safety protocols.
- All staff must affirm daily they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and have not been recently exposed to anyone with the virus.
Enhanced cleaning & hygiene protocols include:
- Hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the property.
- Doors and windows in the Main House will be kept open whenever possible.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures for restrooms and frequently touched surfaces.
- Restrooms are single occupancy and have touchless dispensers.
- We have implemented contact-less transactions in the Bookstore and Admissions.
For your safety while touring the Main House, we have put in the place these procedures:
- Entry to the Main House is by reservation only.
- A limited number of visitors are allowed in the Main House and in each room. Capacities are posted.
- Tours are self-guided. To ensure traffic flow, please follow the directional arrows through the house. Visitors will enter through the Forecourt and exit through the service area door.
- Visitors may not handle objects in the rooms.
- All guide material will be in digital or single-use paper format.
- The house is fully accessible. Please contact us with any concerns or questions.
There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place. The Mount cannot guarantee visitors will not contract COVID-19 while on the premises.
These guidelines reflect the current state and local guidelines for museums. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.