COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines
We are excited to welcome visitors to The Mount and have taken extensive measures, in accordance with state and local government guidelines, to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all visitors. Your cooperation is essential in making this effort a success. If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to anyone with the virus, or feel unwell in any way, please plan your visit for another time.
What to expect while at The Mount:
- Social distancing is mandatory. The flow of visitors through our indoor spaces will be carefully monitored and limited by posted room occupancies.
- Face coverings are required. All visitors and staff members must cover their nose and mouth at all times while on property.
- Reservations are required for all Main House visitors, including Mount members. Space is limited and tickets will only be available online on a timed entry system. If you arrive onsite without a reservation and space is available, you can purchase a ticket online.
- Your contact information may be shared with public health authorities for COVID-19 tracing, in accordance with Massachusetts guidelines.
- The grounds are open to the public, with no reservations required. We do ask that you practice safe, social distancing when on the grounds and wear a mask per Governor Baker’s revised order.
The following health & safety procedures are in place:
- Staff has received training on COVID-19 safety protocols.
- All staff must affirm daily they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and have not been recently exposed to anyone with the virus.
Enhanced cleaning & hygiene protocols include:
- Hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the property.
- Doors and windows in the Main House will be kept open whenever possible.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures for restrooms and frequently touched surfaces.
- Restrooms are single occupancy and have touchless dispensers.
- We have implemented contact-less transactions in the Bookstore and Admissions.
For your safety while touring the Main House, we have put in place these procedures:
- Entry to the Main House is by reservation only.
- A limited number of visitors are allowed in the Main House and in each room. Capacities are posted.
- Tours are self-guided. To ensure traffic flow, please follow the directional arrows through the house. Visitors will enter through the Forecourt and exit through the service area door.
- Visitors may not handle objects in the rooms.
- All guide material will be in digital or single-use paper format.
- The house is fully accessible. Please contact us with any concerns or questions.
Please review the guidelines below pertaining to COVID-19 safety measures and travel restrictions.
COVID-19 safety measures:
- Please follow all directional signs and staff instructions.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while on property.
- Please maintain 6 feet from individuals who are not part of your household.
Important Out-of-State Travel Restrictions Update:
To be compliant and keep our staff, visitors, and community safe, you and your party must adhere to Governor Baker’s most recent travel order. If you need to cancel or change your reservation date because of the requirements, please email us at email@example.com or call 413.551.5100.
Please do not visit The Mount if any of the following are true:
- You or anyone in your group is experiencing any symptoms such as fever (100.0 and above) or chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, runny nose/congestion, new loss of taste or smell, or nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- You or anyone in your group has had “close contact” with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19.
- You or anyone in your group has been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by their doctor or a local public health official.
Persons who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 according to the Centers for Disease Control (e.g., due to age or underlying conditions) are encouraged to stay home.
These guidelines reflect the current state and local guidelines for museums. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.