COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines
We are excited to welcome visitors to The Mount and have taken extensive measures, in accordance with state and local government guidelines, to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all visitors. Your cooperation is essential in making this effort a success. If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to anyone with the virus, or feel unwell in any way, please plan your visit for another time.
What to expect while at The Mount:
Our policies reflect the latest guidance from the CDC and Governor Baker’s most recent order. We ask for your patience and cooperation as we navigate the transition while keeping safe and welcoming conditions for both our staff and visitors.
- Face coverings
- If you are fully vaccinated face coverings are welcomed but not required.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, face coverings are required indoors and outdoors at events or when social distancing is not possible.
- Social distancing is mandatory for those not fully vaccinated, and welcomed for all. Capacities and flow will be monitored indoors and at events for the safety and comfort of visitors and staff.
- Reservations are recommended for all Main House visitors, including Mount members. Tickets are available at EdithWharton.org on a timed entry system, walk-ups are welcome when space is available.
- Your contact information may be shared with public health authorities for COVID-19 tracing, in accordance with state and local guidelines.
- The grounds are open to the public, with no reservations required. We ask that you follow our guidelines while on property. If you feel unsafe please ask to speak to a manager.
The following health & safety procedures are in place:
- Staff has received training on COVID-19 safety protocols.
- All staff must affirm daily they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and have not been recently exposed to anyone with the virus.
Enhanced cleaning & hygiene protocols include:
- Hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the property.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures for restrooms and frequently touched surfaces.
- Restrooms have touchless dispensers.
- We have implemented contact-less transactions in the Bookstore and Admissions.
For your safety while touring the Main House, we have put in place these procedures:
- Reservations recommended for entry to the Main House.
- Windows and doors will be open when weather allows.
- Tours are self-guided, guided tours will be added after an evaluation period.
- The house is fully accessible. Please contact us with any concerns or questions.
If you are traveling from out-of-state:
Please review Governor Baker’s most recent travel advisory.
While we all look forward to a returning sense of normality, please remember that there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place. The Mount cannot guarantee visitors will not contract COVID-19 while on the premises.
We continue to update these guidelines to meet state and local recommendations. We appreciate your support and cooperation. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.