Supervisor: Chief Advancement Officer
The Development Associate is a full-time, exempt member of The Mount’s administrative staff supporting all fundraising activities as part of the Development Department. The Development Associate is primarily responsible for the membership program, database management, and coordination of all development events, and participates in other development initiatives as needed.
- Oversight and management of individual and corporate membership program including membership solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship.
- Initiate strategies to promote new members and renewals.
- Produce membership materials and coordinate all member communications.
- Track and report on membership statistics on a monthly basis.
- Plan and implement member events.
- Manage Raiser’s Edge donor database including entering and batching gifts, ensuring that donor information is up to date, and exporting mailing lists.
- Send daily gift reports to staff.
- Produce regular reports and as needed by Executive Director, Chief Advancement Officer, and Board of Trustees.
- Maintain physical and electronic documentation for all gifts and pledges.
- Perform regular database maintenance to maintain data integrity.
- Coordinate and attend all donor, cultivation, and fundraising events, including weekly summer Lecture Dinners, January New Year’s Reception, and other special events during the year.
- Produce mailing lists, send invitations, and monitor responses.
- Work with café manager to oversee menu, set-up, and all logistics.
- Ensure any audiovisual equipment and systems needed for an event are in place and functioning correctly.
- Grants and Sponsorships: Assist in drafting selected grant and sponsorship proposals. Assist in compiling and organizing supporting materials for major grant application packages.
- Provide Executive Director and other senior staff with reports and other special requests as needed.
- Represent The Mount to a variety of special constituencies (local, regional, and national) and to the public at large.
- Oversee and maintain Development Department stationary, donor signage, brochures, membership cards, and other printed material.
- Maintain Board Development Committee minutes and calendar, and maintain Development Department calendar.
- Attend regularly scheduled operations meetings, Development team meetings, and staff meetings and work collaboratively with all departments of The Mount.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of The Mount’s mission, philosophy, policies, and procedures to ensure a high quality experience for all visitors.
- Perform a variety of administrative support functions including answering questions and inquiries, preparing reports and documents and any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of experience in non-profit development/fundraising.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge donor database software.
- Proficiency using multiple desktop and mobile computer software programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new software systems: Windows and iOS.
- Strong project management skills with attention to details.
- Team player, self-starter, interested in personal and professional growth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task in a highly demanding and sometimes stressful environment.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback in any given situation.
- Ability to use computers and A/V equipment.
Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Must be available on selected evenings, weekends, and holidays to attend programs and special events.
The employee is regularly required to sit and stand; push and pull with force. The employee is occasionally required to climb and stoop; reach with hands and arms; use hand to finger objects and controls. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision; reading of written, printed, or computer screen data.
E-mail, mail, or send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com, by e-mail; or by mail: Attn: Nicole Williams, The Mount, P.O Box 974, Lenox, MA. 01240; or by fax to 413-637-0619.