Part-time Public Programs Assistant
The Mount, Edith Wharton’s Home in Lenox, MA is seeking a skilled part-time employee to assist with duties related to programming at The Mount, as well as volunteer coordination and general administrative support. This position is 12 hours a week during the off-season (November – April) and increases to 30 hours a week in-season (May-October) and will include evening and weekend hours.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the coordination of logistics for public programs including correspondence and travel arrangements.
- Be on-site the day of programs to assist Public Program Coordinator/other staff and to help guests.
- Help coordinate volunteers for programs.
- Assist with promoting public programs including distribution of marketing collateral and updating online event listings.
- Help coordinate volunteer schedules and appreciation events.
- Research new programs and event activities.
- Assist with social media updates related to events and programs including photographing and documenting.
- Perform a variety of administrative support functions including answering questions and inquiries, preparing reports and documents, and performing additional duties as assigned.
General Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Submit paperwork as requested to meet requirements of Edith Wharton Restoration (EWR).
- Assist with EWR activities as requested.
- Cooperatively maintain lines of communication with all EWR personnel.
- Positively represent the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in history, English, education, museum studies, arts management, or a related field is preferred.
- Event planning experience or prior work with community engagement is preferred.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use computers and A/V equipment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- The employee is regularly required to sit and stand, occasionally required to climb or stoop, and lift or move up to 30 pounds. A valid driver’s license and access to a car is preferred but not required.
To apply for the Part-time Programs Assistant position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Part-time Programs Assistant” in the subject line.