Full Time Positions:
The Mount has an immediate opening for a development associate. This position plays a vital role in the organization, supporting all fundraising activities, working closely with the Development Director, Major Gift Officer, and Executive Director. This is a full-time position with benefits. Will consider ¾ time position.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a familiarity with donor database management (Raiser’s Edge preferred), a strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task, and work independently.
- Managing donor database (Raiser’s Edge) including gift entry, reporting and mailing lists.
- Coordinating of all aspects of The Mount’s giving campaigns including coordinating with printers and mailing houses.
- Coordinating donor and member related communications in a timely manner including acknowledgements and e-newsletters.
- Overseeing The Mount’s membership campaign.
- Managing The Mount’s volunteer program in partnership with the Public Programs Coordinator.
- Primary contact for most donor and member needs.
- Assisting in the organization and execution of fundraising/member and other events.
- Other duties as needed.
- Previous experience with Raiser’s Edge database preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to be discrete and a healthy respect for confidentiality.
- Strong customer service skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A professional, positive attitude.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends (particularly during the summer season)
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: Nicole Williams, Executive Assistant at email@example.com.
Grounds Care Assistant
This job is to assist in the maintenance and care of a 50-acre estate/house museum in Lenox, Massachusetts. Must have professional painting experience. Duties include trimming, mowing, brush clearing, woods maintenance, painting, lifting, building maintenance, as well as providing weekend assistance with weddings and special events. Applicant must be familiar with using hand and power tools and working in all weather. Work starts in April and ends in October. This is a 35-40/hr week job. Weekend work required. Great team. Beautiful location. Please send contact phone number, resume, and references to Ross Jolly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitor Services Associates
Join our team for an exciting 2016 season! The Mount is looking for enthusiastic candidates to join our Visitor Services Team. Available positions include Tour Guides, Admissions Associates, and Café positions for the upcoming 2016 season. The season starts in May but we will begin interviewing in March. Duties include welcoming and orienting visitors to The Mount, selling admission tickets, and leading tours through the historic house and gardens. Prior experience in customer service or as a guide preferred. Ideal for quick learners who love history, literature and have good local knowledge. Seasonal staff may be trained in multiple positions.
All applicants for these positions must have flexible schedules and excellent customer service skills; some positions require at least one year of college education. All seasonal positions at The Mount require weekend and holiday availability. Full or part-time positions available, with some evening hours for special events. The full season runs from May 14 – Oct. 31 with some positions ending earlier. Hourly pay is based on experience. E-mail, mail, or send resumes for any of these positions with cover letter specifying which positions are of interest to: email@example.com, by e-mail; or by mail: Attn: Nicole Williams, The Mount, P.O Box 974, Lenox, MA. 01240; or by fax to 413-637-0619.